A reputation built on safety.
Learn more about us
Since 2003, Ironwood Heavy Highway LLC has been an industry-leading company for civil construction, utility construction, environmental services, and more. We believe that hard work, knowledge, and years of dedicated experience are the keys to success.
Who we are
Ironwood Heavy Highway LLC is a privately owned company headquartered in Rochester, New York. Fifteen years ago, the company’s initial services were culvert work, access roads, and civil construction projects. Over time, we’ve shifted our focus to utility construction projects. Land clearing for wind farms, environmental matting, and vegetation management are just some of the services we’ve added over time, to suit the ever-growing needs of our client base.
Recently Completed Projects
- ROCHESTER AREA RELIABILITY PROJECT (RARP): A significant upgrade to the electricity transmission system throughout the Greater Rochester Area. Learn more about the 10-year project at the RARP website
- RARP Substation 255: Brand new 345-kV substation located in the Town of Henrietta
- RARP Circuits 940 & 941: Two brand new 115-kV transmission lines connecting Station 255 and existing stations in the Town of Gates and City of Rochester
- Auburn Transmission Project (ATP): 14.1 miles of land clearing, access road construction, matting (over 16,000 mats), and full restoration
- Circuit 943 Underground 115kv Transmission Duct Bank: 8,300 LF of 12-way, concrete-encased duct bank
- RG&E Station 122: Civil construction
- National Grid Mortimer – Lockport: Land clearing and matting
- New Ithaca T-line: Land clearing and culvert construction
What we do
Learn more about our services and recent projects: